Tuesday 12 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - It All Ends...

Well, it's finally here! Today's the premiere of the last Harry Potter Movie! So in celebration, i decided to do a "Harry Potter"  themed mani.



It didn't really turn out as i pictured it in my head, and i guess it's hard to see the connection between this and Harry Potter unless i show you the pictures that inspired the design. These were:



So my left thumb was pretty much my attempt at recreating the landscape HP7 poster, while the rest of my nails represented the final faceoff between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort =).


Halfway through painting my right thumb, i realised i'd stuffed up the orientation (if only my thumb was as long as my fingers =/) So this is only way that i could show you how this mani works (excuse my awful photoshopping skills).


I did a lot of sponging in this mani, laying colour over colour to get that "magical" look. The base was Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear nail colour in Black out, with one layer of OPI Ink and OPI DS Magic over it. This alone would have looked very nice and Harry Potter-y. Then i mixed and sponged on all these other colours that i can't be bothered naming here to get the "colours" coming out of the wands.

OPI DS Coronation, Sally Hansen Xtreme wear -Emerald City, Orly Luxe, Sally Hansen Xtreme wear-Black Out, OPI Ink, OPI DS Magic, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Diamonds & Rubies, Rimmel Lasting Finish - London Clouds, Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen - Silver. 

This is definitely not my best mani, but it was messy and lots of fun to do =)

My friends and i are probably going to watch it tonight or tomorrow! I'm soo excited xD xD

Are you going to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2? If so what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment