Thursday 28 July 2011

Shake It Up Nails!

I decided to do another set of "Inspired Mani's"!
These nails are inspired from a music video called "Watch Me" by Bella Thorne and Zendaya which they shot for their TV show Shake It Up. I thought the nail designs that they had were cute and fun to do so i decided to give it a try!

Zendaya



Zendaya's nails were pinkish gold fading into green.


You guys kinda got a preview of this mani in my previous post.
I used Orly Luxe for the gold colour ( i didn't have any golds with a pink tinge) and sponged on Sally Hansen XtremeWear in Emerald City.  The green and gold combo makes me feel very Aussie haha.

Bella Thorne
 I thought Bella Thorne's Nails were really cool! I call it a Black and Red Accent Stripey Mani =)
Black and Red Accent Stripey mani
 I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blackout for the black base and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Diamonds and Rubies for the red accent nail. Then i used Sally Hansen's Nail Art Pen in Silver to draw the stripes and Orly Luxe for the gold stripes.
Sally Hansen Xtreme Blackout, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamonds and Rubies, Sally Hansen Nail art Pen Silver, Orly Luxe
Usually, I really suck at using my left hand to do free-hand painting, but surprisingly my right hand turned out better than my left hand! I think maybe the messy lines adds character to the mani...?
I really like this Mani and had heaps of fun doing it and i took so many pictures of it, i thought i'd share some more with you!
Here's my attempt at imitating Bella Thornes pose from the screenshot of the music video!

I actually find the song quite catchy! Here's the music video if you want to check it out!

1 comment: