Saturday 9 July 2011

A passionate (and perfectly healthy) 'lust-affair'.

Okay, so I was never a stereotypical I-need-retail-therapy-let's-wipe-out-my-bank-account kinda girl, and being a 'financially sensible person' , I figured I would forever be the iron-fisted master of my shopaholic urges (...most of the time xD).

This was until a few months back when we bought the O.P.I. Katy Perry Collection for Adeline on her birthday, fell instantly in love with them, and I tumbled head over heels into a 'lustlovewantneed!' affair that went down a little like this:

Savings in the bank.
Best friends who are obsessed with nail polish.
Reignited love for nail polish.
Discovery of O.P.I.
Fluttering heartbeats.
Online shopping for O.P.I. the night before my final exams.
Not so many savings in the bank.
Endorsing the bf's love for Starcraft2 so that he can't comment on my sporadic splurging on nail polish.
Spilling nail polish remover on my laptop and not even caring all too much because I'm too busy drooling over my new mani.
Facebook flaunting/spamming my nails (oh yeah baby, PDA ;D)
Painting nails at Max Brenner and flashing them at our waiter.
Nail polish party.
Everyone comes to an epiphany. WE NEED A BLOG.

PHEW. Yeah, I know, its kinda epic. You jelly? xD HAHA jks, I don't actually talk like that I'm just being random.

ANYWAY, enough words! PICTURES! =D

OPI - The One That Got Away - Part of the Katy Perry Collection, I love it! I used 3 coats for this mani.

SCANDAL - Glitter Polish, this was a fantastic find! You can buy Scandal polished for $5.95 AUD in several Asian fashion boutiques along Sydney's George St and Chinatown =) It drys quickly and is very opaque for a glitter polish.

Konad - Special Polish in white + Image Stamp, I've always known about these and seen friends wearing them but it wasn't until recently that I actually went and bought myself a set. I'm absolutely obsessed with the polkadot bowtie stamp!





PA - AA36 (black glitter) - this Japanese brand has stolen my heart! However, each bottle is very small and doesn't specify how many mLs, but I estimate it to be around 5-6mL. These retail for $7 AUD per bottle.

Rimmel - Blue My Mind - I have to say, Rimmel is not a quality polish. It stains, it chips, it dents while I wait for my polish to dry. But this was the only electric blue I had on hand at the time.

OPI - Last Friday Night - I'm surprised by how opaque this polish on my mani. It gave my nails a very obvious blue hue, but usually it is very sheer. Also, theformula on this is not fantastic, it's the thickest and gloopiest out of all my OPI's.




Kit - A bright Coral released in collaboration with Shop Til You Drop Magazine, Limited # for Shop readers only - I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get my hands on this! The consistency is a little on the thick side, but the finish is shiny, smooth and long-lasting. Plus, it looks great with shatter! As far as I'm aware, your go to place to get Kit polishes would be Sydey City Myer on Pitt St- Kit has their own area on the cosmetics level.

OPI - Black Shatter. I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE. How hot does this polish look? I applied one thick coat over dry Kit polish and it cracked just the way I wanted it too. You can experiment with different application methods- thinner/thicker coats or multiple directions during application to get your desired effect.




Okay wow, I just read this post and I think it's a little long haha, I think I might save a few pictures for later posts but here are two from aaggesss ago that I'll just pop in here at the end without comments =) Everyone likes pictures right right? *crickets chirping*




















YAY MY FIRST POST DONE! =D Hope you enjoyed reading as much I enjoyed writing hehe, there are heaps more to come!

- Sheena xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment