Sunday 10 July 2011

OPI Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em and Water Marbling

At the moment, i'm wearing OPI Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em with a water marble accent nail on my ring finger.

Indoors with flash
Sunlight
Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em is is from OPI's Texas range and i would describe it as a hot pinkish red sorbet. it's hard to see the pink, but if you put it in direct sunlight (or under a very bright light), the pink undertones are definitely there!
I'm not really a red nail polish person, when i do have red nails, i feel like a dragon lady hahaha. But Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em is such a nice colour, it makes me want to eat strawberries!! I'm going to pass it off  as pink so i can wear it more often!

 I absolutely love OPI as the formula is always fantastic! I used 2-3 coats to get full opacity (the third coat was just to smooth things out)  and OPI Start to Finish for the base and top coat. 

If you're in Australia, you can find OPI at David Jones for RRP $19.95 or in most nail salons.


Now onto water marbling...
Can i just say, i love the look of water marbling but it's such a frustrating task! It requires a lot of patience, good nail polish and nail polish remover. I really admire Colette from My Simple Little Pleasures! She creates such beautiful water marbling designs and makes it look effortless!
This is my second (successful) attempt at water marbling and I'm pretty happy with the results. 
Left Hand, Indoors
Right hand, indoors
I used OPI Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em, OPI DS Sapphire, OPI Princesses Rule, OPI Not Like the Movies and OPI Sparrow Me the Drama for the marbling. It's not that obvious in the photos but i really like how OPI DS Sapphire adds a holographic shimmer to the nail.

 I think it's really important to have good quality nail polish. In my first kinda successful attempt, i used a few Rimmel 60 second nail polishes and i had problems with spreading, the polish dried before i could dip my nail in, then when i had a really nice design, i'd stuff it up by smudging it... it was quite a disaster!
I call this my first attempt but really it was like the 10th attempt that day and i gave up trying to fix them lol.


What do you guys think of water marbling?
I might do some more water marbling in the future...if i have the patience!!

-Adeline


No comments:

Post a Comment