Thursday 11 August 2011

Revlon Steel Her Heart

So I was out shopping and this bottle of nail polish caught my eye. I'm not usually a fan of grey/dark silver but for some reason i got attracted to this one.

Isn't it pretty?? And the name is sooo cute! Steel Her Heart! It's definitely stolen mine!
The application was pretty good. The bottle said to use two coats but i used three for full opacity and to eliminate any streaks.
The colour itself can only be described as...steel. Which made me think of the Sydney Harbour Bridge..lol.

Fun Fact: It takes 30 000 litres of paint to paint one coat on the Sydney Harbour Bridge (equivalent to 60 football fields) to prevent the Bridge from rusting. And apparently they use a fast drying type of paint so that it doesn't drip onto unsuspecting vehicle down below.
This makes me wonder whether they use Steel Her Heart to paint it...imagine how many bottles it would take!


I added an accent nail to my mani using OPI White Shatter and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Discoball (you can't really see the sparkles in the pictures, but believe me it's there!)


Then i got bored and decided to mattify it. I used Rimmel PRO Matte Finish. While I haven't been impressed with the quality of Rimmel's nail polishes i really like this matte top coat.
I really like Steel Her Heart matte. The shimmer is still there but it is a bit more subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment