Saturday 27 August 2011

You change your mind....

...like a girl changes clothes  nail polish! Or in this case.. like a nail polish changes colour.
Yep! I bought some colour changing nail polish! 
I was skeptical at first, about this kind of nail polish because...
  1. It's by BYS..which brings me back to my childhood where i'd see it on the shelves at The Reject Shop (a place where everything is nice and cheap). And also, I have like one bottle of BYS nail polish and after using it like, once, the lid got stuck and i've never since been able to open it. So I don't have a good impression of the brand. 
  2. and also i'm just skeptical about the whole colour changing thing. I remember having those mood rings when I was like 8 and then i took it off and left it in the shower and it stayed black forever.
BUT my little sister thought it was really cool so I initially bought it for her. And then she wore it and it actually works! So I bought more!

Now that you've endured my arduously long story... here it is! So this bottle of polish is called "Salmon" and it changes from "raw salmon" when it's cold, to "cooked salmon" when it's warm lol. So like from a dark coral-pink to a pastel coral-pink. 


This one's very subtle but you can see the change in the picture below 

It's winter here in Sydney, so most of the time my nails were raw salmon and i was quite annoyed that the colour didn't change much. But i went overseas wearing this nail polish and it was like stinking hot and my nails were cooked salmon for all the time i was there, so that was quite interesting!
I think colour changing polish is best worn on longer nails and in warmish weather (spring, autumn) so you can see the change. I bought a few more colour changing ones that are more obvious.
Here's a pic my sister took of her nails.
pretty right?

I'll do a post soon on the other colour changing nail polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment