Thursday 3 November 2011

BYS Cracked!

So I was a bit skeptical when I discovered that BYS released a range of crackle nail polish, partly because of my bias towards OPI, but mainly because it's BYS. But since i was really impressed with their colour changing nail polish i decided to give this one a go.

BYS named their crackle range BYS CRACKED. I only bought one, "Hot Pink" ( my reason for buying it being that I didn't have a pink crackle nail polish).

When I first tried to use it, i assumed it was like any other shatter/crackle polish and applied it on after my base colour dried...BIG MISTAKE! When it started to "crack", pieces  just "popped" off the nail and none of the polish stayed on the nail.

Then I actually read the instructions and it said that you apply the nail polish when your base coat is still wet/almost dry.

And here are the results!


BYS Cracked "Hot Pink"
So as you can see the effect is very different to OPI and China Glaze, they actually crack! Unlike Shatter, it takes quite a bit of time to start cracking (but it's quite fun to watch) and if you apply it too thick it might not crack. But like the others, the thinner the coat the smaller the cracks.

BYS Cracked "Hot Pink" over black and white
The only thing I had a problem with was the opacity, since it's a crackle topcoat, you can't really put more than one coat, so the base colour sort of shines through especially when it's a dark colour. But other than that, BYS has been consistently impressing me!

I loved it soo much that i even "cracked" my key!


Oh and just for fun, this is what happened when i used an iPhone to take a pic of these....it couldn't handle the hot-ness!! How i wish it was this bright in real life!! haha

taken with iPhone
I'll definitely be buying some more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment